Move Google Contacts to iPhone
This guide shows you how to move your contacts from your Android device to your Apple device such as an iPhone using Google Contacts and iCloud. The following steps should be completed on a laptop or computer as this makes things a lot easier. This guide assumes that you currently have your contacts on your android phone synced up to Google Contacts.
First of all we need to export your contacts from Google.
- Open https://contacts.google.com in your browser.
- You will see a list of all your contacts
- Hover the mouse over the top contact and the contact image will change to a select or tick box
- Tick this box to select the first contact
- Just above the contact a menu will appear with a dropdown for selecting all contacts
- Click select all
- Now that all your contacts are selected you now need to click on the 3 dots on the same menu bar as the select all option
- Click on Export
- A new window will open
- Ensure all your contacts are selected
- Ensure you select export as vcard
- Click export
- A file will download called contacts.vcf this is the file we will use in the next part.
Now we can import your contacts into iCloud
- Open https://www.icloud.com in your browser
- Click on contacts
- Click on the little settings cog in the bottom left corner of the page
- Click import vCard from the menu
- Select the contacts.vcf file that you downloaded from Google
- Click open
- Your contacts from Google will now import into iCloud
- You then just need to go into settings on your iPhone
- tap on your name at the top of settings
- Select iCloud
- Enable contacts
- Your contacts will start appearing on your iPhone
I hope you find this useful!